Transforming an Ugly Bunny


    I found a cute bunny at GW for $1.99, however, it was all black and I sure didn't want black, but it was a great piece to try and recreate into something fun.


     Of course I forgot to take a picture before I started, however, you can imagine all black.  I sanded the piece lightly in some areas and heavy in others.   Then I sprayed the whole thing white.


    Next, out came my old standby of Min-Wax Walnut stain and I lighted coated then wiped off the entire piece.


    In the places where I lightly sanded, I was able to rub the paint and stain off, leaving some of the black showing for a shabby look.  I was able to wipe quite a bit off in various places all over the bunny.








    I love some of the black showing through in various areas.  Gives him more character.


    I am so thrilled that his nose and whiskers show up black and the tips of his ears.


    A fun project and I have a very unusual bunny.


    I am linking to the following parties:
                                                  Thrifty Thursday @ Tales From Bloggeritaville
                                             Treasures and Trinkets Thursday @ My Cottage Charm
                                                        Treasure Hunt Thursday @ Blue Creek Home
                                                      Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
                                                   Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
                                                    Home Sweet Home Friday @ The Charm Of Home
                                                       Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove
                                                    Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
                                                            Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
                                                      Flaunt It Friday @ Chic On A Shoestring Decorating

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Transforming an Ugly Bunny


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/06/transforming-ugly-bunny.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List