Best Fudge Cake Ever



    I am a chocolate nut.  Anything chocolate is definitely my weakness, and fudge is such a sinful pleasure.  A great piece of cake, a glass of coke and a book.  Best way to take a little break ever.


     Whenever my sweet tooth acts up, I always pull out this little recipe box my precious mom gave me.  It is filled with all of her wonderful recipes that she used constantly.  I also love to see her handwriting on all the cards.  I miss her so much, but such sweet memories.


     The top of the box is just so cute with it's painted design.


    This was my favorite cake and the one she always made for my birthday when I was a little girl.


     Dark, moist and fudge goodness.  Soooooooooo yummy.



    Chocolate Cake

    2 c. flour
    2 c. sugar
    3/4 c. crisco
    1 tsp. salt
    2/3 c. cocoa
    1 1/2 tsp. soda
    3/4 c. milk
    Combine all ingredients and beat for 2 minutes.

    Add -

    3/4 tsp. baking powder and stir in well, then add
    1/2 c. milk
    3 eggs - unbeaten
    1 tsp. vanilla
    Beat 2 more minutes.

    Pour into greased and floured pans and bake at 350.

    Makes 3 8" layers
    large sheetcake or
    4 doz. cupcakes.

    Baking time depends on the pans you use.  If making the sheetcake, bake approx 30-33 min.

    Test with a toothpick to check when done.  Do not over or under bake.

    Don't you love the notes about baking time.  She was one of those cooks that rarely measured anything, it was usually a smidge of this and a dash of that. 

    Such a great cake, I hope you will try it.

    I am joining Designs By Gollum for Foodie Friday.

    Thanks for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Best Fudge Cake Ever


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/06/best-fudge-cake-ever.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List