Fabulous Patina of Old Rush Chairs



     I have always loved rush seats on anything whether it's a chair or a bench.  It just always makes me drool.  This is one of the chairs that belongs to the round table that I use in the breakfast room.  I bought these in 1969 through a designer in LA that did a lot of imports from England and France.  It was quite a splurge for me at the time, but I fell in love with the design of the ladder back and the rush seats.  So I had to have them.  I bought the matching table that has the same scallop design of the backs of the chairs on the apron of the table along with 4 side chairs and 2 arm chairs.  They have always been one of my favorite things.


     I just think the patina the seats have taken on over the years is gorgeous.


     However, we now have a problem.  The rush seat on one of the armchairs broke.  I've found a company to replace it, but they are booked solid for about 4 months.  In the meantime, I wanted to put it somewhere that it wouldn't get used or ruined, so I needed to do a little switching around.  My solution was to swap the dining room chairs and these.  We use the breakfast room all the time, and the dining room only on a few occassions, so the rush chairs won't get daily use in the dining room.


     These are the chairs that came with the dining table.  Great chairs and a completely different style than the ladder back ones.  So this is the before - - - -


     and this is now.  I put the broken seat chair at the end next to the buffet.  It's amazing at how different the table looks with the different chairs.  Luckily the finish is exactly the same.  Just looks so different to me.


    I think I get used to seeing something one way and when it changes it always takes me a while to adjust.  These chairs are actually more of a frenchy style that the others and actually fit the room better.  I just need to get used to seeing them there. 

    So, what do you think?  Do you like them and do you have to adjust to changes too?

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Fabulous Patina of Old Rush Chairs


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/06/fabulous-patina-of-old-rush-chairs.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List