How Many Lamp/Shade Combos Can There Be



    I showed you in a post here all the various lamps and shades I was trying in the living room. Well, you guys were all so helpful in making suggestions and your comments were so interesting.  Some of you still don't like brass, but the majority are on board again and love it.  I had a suggestion for a different combination, so I had to try that too. So here's a short review of all the different combos.

    This is the room with the original white lamps and shades.


    Then I brought out my brass lamps and this is how the room looked.  Totally changed to look of the room.


    Then I brought out some patterned shades I had and it changed the look again.



    Then Nancy commented she thought the white lamps would look great with the patterned shade, so I had to see how they would work and she is right.  A really nice summer look.



    So, we started with this.



    Then went to this.




    Then to this, I left the light off so you could see the pattern of the shade.



    The original white lamp had too big a base for the shade, so I pulled out another white lamp and gave it a try.


    Again with the light off.  I think this is what I am going to use for the summer and then bring the brass back for the winter.

    Don't you just love it when someone makes a suggestion that you never thought of and then it works so well.  I love this new look.  Makes me feel like the whole room is new again.  So do you have lamps and shades that you aren't using, I'd love to see what you come up with changing yours out.

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

    I am linking to:
     WUW @ Savvy Southern Style
    Whassup Wednesday @ Elements Interiors
    Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
    Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here

Post Title

How Many Lamp/Shade Combos Can There Be


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-many-lampshade-combos-can-there-be.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List