Using Trim To Customize Drapes

    Fringes




    Remember when I showed you that I wanted to change the familyroom drapes from being tied back to hanging straight and put a contrasting fabric at the top.  Well life got in the way and it never happened. Finally
    I was ready to get the job done.
     



    So they will have a custom look, I wanted to find a tassel or braid trim to edge the top fabric. 



    By adding this small trim to the livingroom drapes, they have a designer custom look.


    So I went on the hunt for the perfect trim and almost fainted at how expensive trims have gotten.  There were tons of styles to choose from, however since most of the prices started at $6.95 to $10.95 yd and up and I needed 13 yards, I just about fainted.  Even my discount fabric store that I love didn't have anything for less than $5.95 yd.  I finally decided to go online and see what I could find.  Of course there are tons of styles and sizes, plus multitudes of colors to choose from.
    Fringes


    Braids


    This style became a candidate at $3 a yd.




    This one could also work for $3, however both seemed a little too formal for the look I wanted. 


    After much searching, I finally found this one.  It comes in the perfect color of Antique gold and is 1 1/4 wide and for a price of $2.29 yd.  it was the perfect answer.  Ordered and on the way, the drapes will get started next week.



    For a designer custom look, add a little trim to your drapes.  Just go online and you will find quite a few that are affordable.

    Thanks for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Using Trim To Customize Drapes


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/04/using-trim-to-customize-drapes.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List