59th Table Top Tuesday & Heart Of The Home



    Welcome to the 59th Table Top Tuesday.  I am so glad you've joined us.  Today I am also joining a sweet friend for a Heart Of The Home Party.
    Another Heart of the Home Party


    Shelia of Note Songs is having another wonderful Heart of the Home party.  This time we are to showcase our favorite cupboard.  Well, I don't have any glass cupboards or a hutch, but I still wanted to play. 


    As you all know, I have a very builder basic home, however I was thrilled that the builder staggered the cabinets to give the kitchen just a wee bit more custom look.  No pretty glass doors or open shelving, but I do like the look.


    So, my pretty is a china cabinet full to the brim with crystal and silver.  I love this piece and it has always had a prominent space in my home for almost 50 years.


    I do love shelves and places to display pretty things though, so I took this little sliver of wall between the kitchen and familyroom and went wild.  A place to display some of my brown transferware and some of my pictures also.


     The shelf is small, but I seem to be able to put a ton of things on it.


    I've had this shelf for years.  It's huge, about 5 ft. long and 18 in. high.  It was a consignment store find for $75, I thought it was a steal, solid oak and weighs a ton.  I definitely have to find studs for this one or it might pull the wall down. lol  It has so much character with all the scallops and it also has hooks so I can display my little pitcher collection.


     It will hold a ton of things and I always seem to have it full.  I think it finishes off the wall grouping perfectly.


    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.  Now I can't wait to see all of your gorgeous kitchens and hutches.





Post Title

59th Table Top Tuesday & Heart Of The Home


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/04/59th-table-top-tuesday-heart-of-home.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List