Switching Things Around



    I put this shelf up in the breakfast room last August and I love it here and I love the whole wall arrangement.  It isn't going to change because if I put one more hole in this wall it will probably fall down. lol  However when I did the post this week for TTT and for Sheila's Heart Of The Home party, I suddenly realized that I had never changed the shelf display.  Since I am know to change my vignettes every 10 minutes, this just amazed me.  I still liked it, but really it is time for a change.



                                          So some things stayed and some new things got added. 


    I'm still on a yellow kick for spring, so yellow had to stay.





    My little frenchy rooster cache pot filled with ivy was a new addition, as well as the marble pear.


                 The bee skeep is new and the yellow planter was filled with fruit for a change.  I thought I was being creative to have one of the pears spill out. lol

                                                  Love this pig plate, so he had to join in the fun.


                                            Everyone needs an orange rooster, so of course mine had to stay.


                                                       Fun for a change and I have something new to look at.





    No matter what I do to the shelf, my favorite thing will always be this picture.


    An inexpensive print that's been hanging in my house for over 30 years, and one of my favorite treasures ever.  The frame was one of those old gesso and gold ones you see all the time with half of the gesso cracked and gone.  I just soaked it in water and then scraped it all off.  A ton of work, but so worth it when I  found all this fabulous wood underneath. A little stain and satin finish was all that it needed.  Turned out to be a real treasure and perfect for the print.


    With the shelf redone, I thought the table needed to get a new look.  This is the before.


     A tablecloth and some sunflowers did wonders to brighten this area up.


     This was my dad's old toolbox.  I treasure this piece so miuch.  Don't you just love the tin strips that he put on the ends to help hold the handle.  I saw him carry this toolbox for many years.  Such sweet memories.

    Since most everything you see are thrifty treasures, I am linking to the following parties:

    Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
    Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
    Thrifty Thursday @ Tales From Bloggeritaville
    Treasures and Trinkets Thursday @ My Cottage Charm
    Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
    Home Sweet Home Friday @ The Charm Of Home
    Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground


       Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Switching Things Around


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/04/switching-things-around.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List