Sprucing The Backyard and Patio


    I've planted approximately 30 6packs of annuals, 3 new shrubs and trimmed everything in sight. plus DH removed 2 dead trees.  Now tons of things are still waiting to come back (I hope) from the bad winter, but if all the new things grow, the yard will start to shape up again.  So I thought now was the time to clean up and place some of the yard art back in the garden.

    I always have to have my angels in the yard.  She just looks so sweet and she's even trying to smell the flowers.



    This rusty bird loves being amongst the bushes.


    This guy makes me giggle every time I see him.  Such a smurk on his face.


    Talk about bug-eyed, isn't he fun?


    Ok, with that part done, I started on the patio.  Remember all this sunbrella fabric my daughter gave me.

    Well, this is how sad my old cushions were starting to look, so time for new.


    Ta-Da!!!  Isn't that much better.


    My little bench looks so much better.


     My dad made this bench for me approximately 40yrs. ago for my front porch in Oregon.  It is one of my most precious treasures.  I sure miss him.  He went to heaven 12 yrs. ago at the age of 91.



    Our garden hats are always sitting on the top so we can just grab them and go.  The sign has hung on the patio of my last 3 homes.  I think it is the perfect saying. 


    Not a huge patio, but a small space to sit and relax.  The dining table and chairs are on the other side of the sliding door.


    A comfy table and chairs to have a snack or meal, or just relax and visit.



                          I spruced up the flowers a little and placed them in my rooster planter.


    That's it, but slowly it's coming together.   Thanks so much for stopping by, I always appreciate your visits.


    I'm linking to the following parties:
    Cottaghe Flora Thursdays @ Fishtail Cottage
    Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
    Home Sweet Home Friday @ The Charm Of Home
    Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper
    Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
    Show Off Your Cottage Monday @ The House In The Roses
    Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage

Post Title

Sprucing The Backyard and Patio


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/04/sprucing-backyard-and-patio.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List