Fresh Flowers and Dessert



    I wanted to join Liz @ Rose Vignettes for her Fresh-Cut Friday, however I forget to get some flowers while I was at the grocery.  So I went out to the yard to see what was blooming.  Not a lot to choose from, so I thought I would keep it simple.


    One Yellow Rose and a stem of  Orange Bells.  I love the weeping pattern of the Orange Bells and the orange tips on the rose looks perfect with them.


    This is definitely my favorite color Rose.


    The Orange Bells are such a gorgeous mix of yellow and orange.  Gorgeous.



    While I was in the yard, my neighbor yelled over the fence that she had just picked a bunch of peaches off her tree and asked if I wanted some.  Of course the answer was yes.  I couldn't wait, I immediately baked a peach cobbler.  It tastes soooooooooo good.


    I use Paula Deen's recipe, it is really wonderful.  I almost forget to take a pic of the peaches before I had them all peeled and sliced.  Aren't they beautiful.


    All sliced and ready to cook.


    My batter is all made too, and just waiting for the butter to melt in the casserole dish.


    Here we are, melted butter, and wonderful peaches all ready for the oven.


    All baked and the smell is intense.


    So, some pretty flowers and a wonderful Peach Cobbler for dessert tonight.  The recipe is at the bottom of the post.  If you havn't tried this one, you need to, it is sooooooooooooo yummy.



    Paula Deen's Peach Cobbler

    4 cups peeled sliced peaches
    2 cups sugar, divided
    1/2 cup water
    8 tablespoons butter
    1 1/2 cups self rising flour
    1 1/2 cups milk

    Directions:

    1 Preheat oven to 350°.
    2 Combine peaches, 1 cup of the sugar and water in a saucepan and mix well.
    3 Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
    4 Remove from the heat.
    5 Place butter in a deep baking dish and put in the oven to melt.
    6 Mix remaining cup of sugar, flour and milk slowly to prevent clumping.
    7 Pour mixture over melted butter.

    8 DO NOT STIR!

    9 Spoon fruit over top, gently pouring in syrup.
    10 Batter will rise to the top during baking.
    11 Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.

    I am also joining Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday


    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Fresh Flowers and Dessert


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/06/fresh-flowers-and-dessert.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List