Out Come The Brushes and Stain Again.


    I had a couple of DT and GW finials that needed a little something, and so I finally found the time to give them a little makeover.  My favorite weapon of choice is always my Min-Wax Walnut Stain.


    Love the texture of this finial, however it really is pretty bland and ugly. 



     A good  coat of stain and it is already looking better.


     I took a soft cloth and buffed a lot of it off and I really like the way it shows the texture of the piece.


    This one has beautiful carving details, but the colors are just a little washed out.


     Just a few highlights here and there with the stain, and all of the character of the piece jumps out.


    I paired these two with another DT finial and they look fabulous.  The texture of each one is so different from the others, so they make a great compliment to each other.

    Don't you love it when just a little tweaking creates a whole new piece.

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Out Come The Brushes and Stain Again.


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/06/out-come-brushes-and-stain-again.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List