Antique Cutting Boards


    I love the look and patina of any kind of wood, and antique chopping boards seem to have a ton of patina.



    I have two that were given to me by a precious life-long friend about 30 yrs. ago.  This wonderful heart shaped one that she wrote a message on the back was a birthday present.  Love the detail.  This must have been a very special board to someone long before me.  On the front it has a tiny carving that says D.W. 1918.  Such a simple everyday piece that someone put a lot of work into.


    I have it hanging on the wall in the laundry room with a few of the quilt blocks that I made and other treasures that were also gifts.  (The cabinet holds my sewing and craft supplies.)


    When I was straightening things in the garage the other day, I went through a few boxes of my treasures and I came across this fabulous heart cutting board that was given to me by the same friend.  This one doesn't have any date or signature on it, but it was lovingly used.  Both sides show a lot of knife marks.



    Such gorgeous patina and color after years of use.  I decided that it was perfect to hold my oils and salt and pepper grinder by the stove.   I added the carafe and flower for fun and some color.


    Don't you love it when you find a treasure that has been packed away for a while and you get to enjoy it all over again.  Especially when it brings such precious memories of a dear friend that is now in heaven.  Just looking at it makes me smile.  Great memories.

    I am linking to the following parties:

    Treasures and Trinkets Thursday @ My Cottage Charm
    Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
    Home Sweet Home Friday @ The Charm Of Home
    Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
    Flaunt It Friday @ Chic On A Shoestring Decorating

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Antique Cutting Boards


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/06/antique-cutting-boards.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List