Nell Hill & Charles Faudree


    With all of your suggestions and moving all of the furniture all over the place, I took a few minutes to look through some of my Decorating books and I found a common thread in both Nell Hill and Charles Faudree books.  Both of them drape clothes over tables, consoles and just about anything they have.  So I added the runner back to the top of the coffee table and it certainly toned down the wood.  I do love this look and I've had it this way many times.


     Bright cheery flowers  and berries are always a happy floral arrangement.


     The tray stayed the same with a small collection of marble and glass eggs, a hurricane and bust.


    A simple and cheery look for a dark wood table.


    The next thing they both had in common was the use of books all over the place.  I found several of their rooms where they had stacks of books by a chair to create a cozy reading corner.  I thought the leather chair was a great candidate for this look.


     A few book on the shelf of the little table.


     Then a stack on the floor next to the table and chair.


     It created a fun reading nook area without taking up any visual space in the room. 


    Look around your house, you may have a spot where a few books can give you a special spot to sit and relax.

    I am linking to the following parties:

    Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
    Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
    Home Sweet Home Friday @ The Charm Of Home
    Flaunt It Friday @ Chic On A Shoestring Decorating
    Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
    Time Travel Thurs. @ Brambleberry Cottage

Post Title

Nell Hill & Charles Faudree


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/08/nell-hill-charles-faudree.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List