Big Furniture - Small House - Fun Day



    Yesterday I had a play day with my daughter. We did some rearranging in her home (which is very large). She wanted to redo her living room, familyroom and dining. We had so much fun rearranging her wall art and accessories. She had also seen a fabulous screen that she loved and was thinking about getting it and hanging it on the wall. Loved it and so we bought it and it is stunning. No, I didn't get pics, but I will when it is hung and show you the whole room. Gorgeous.

    I have always had larger homes, and then we decided to downsize when we retired. Nothing wrong with that except my furniture won't fit. With plenty of room I never paid too much attention to the scale of the pieces that I bought, they always worked. Trying to make them work in a small house is more than a challenge. lol

    This is where my furniture problem came in. I have been wanting a Bergere chair for ages. She went to help me pick out fabric. Now Bergere chairs are LARGE. As she reminded me, my house is SMALL. So we started looking at Louie chairs, they have the similar feel, only much smaller. So now I had to rethink my decision. That led me to this.


    Her screen that we bought was at a Hotel Furniture Liquidation place. Fabulous furniture and at unreal prices. This wonderful chair was $79. Great detail, carving and the fabric even works, plus if I decide to recover it, I can even do it myself. The Bergere chair I was looking at was over $700. So into the car went the chair and I saved a ton, plus it will fit my small house so much better.

    Love the fabric. It is a rusty orange and gold. Pretty design.


    The wood is actually much darker than it shows in the pics. The carving detail is very pretty.


    The seat has carving too,


    and the legs.


    Great lesson to always remember the scale of the room and your furniture pieces. I am still storing furniture for my son who will be moving soon (or at least he hopes so), hence my house is FULL. DH wanted to know when I brought the chair home if I was planning on hanging it from the ceiling? Men!!! For now it has a home next to the china cabinet. Works for me.


    I also found a lamp that I loved. So I changed this one out for ---


    This. For $49. it came home too. Love the base, hate the shade, so now onto the hunt for the perfect one.


    So pretty with the birds, flowers and butterflies in the softest shade of mustard yellow. It is hand painted and all of the ones they had were a little different. This was my favorite.


    Love the detail.


    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always appreciate your visits.

    I am linking to Met. Monday hosted by the gracious Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch. Be sure to pay her a visit to see what everyone has been up to.


Post Title

Big Furniture - Small House - Fun Day


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/09/big-furniture-small-house-fun-day.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List