Cool - Clean - Crisp White


    Summer has been so hot so far, I just felt the need for less and cooler, at least in the look of things.  White always looks cool, so I've added a little to the Living room.  For an airy appearance, I also removed the ottoman and area rug.  More open space makes a small room look larger and for some reason more airy and cooler.


    The white sofa and chair, along with white lamps give a cooler look for starters.  I just needed to add more.


    A white tablerunner breaks up the dark wood of the coffee table.  For an uncluttered look, I left the floral arrangement, but I removed the tray holding the stack of books and replaced the 3 candlesticks with just one hurricane.





    A throw adds some white to this side of the room and enhances the white of the shells in the table vignette.





    Even the white in the little lamb pictures adds a cooler look.


    A lighter look for the Dining table also.


    A few white tulips and some creamy magnolia flowers brighten the floral arrangement.


    I also replaced the darker table runner with one I made with some extra fabric that matches the living room pillows.



    This didn't do a thing to lower the temps outside, but it does look cooler inside.


    I am linking to the following parties:
    Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
    Home Sweet Home Friday @ The Charm Of Home
    Flaunt It Friday @ Chic On A Shoestring Decorating
    Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence


    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Cool - Clean - Crisp White


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/07/cool-clean-crisp-white.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List