Pennsylvania Dutch Carved Rooster


    Are you like me and anything on top of the cabinets just seem to stay there forever.  Today while I was cleaning, it suddenly dawned on me that I really wanted to bring my Pennsylvania Dutch Wood carved rooster down and enjoy him.  He is a very special treasure.  I had a precious friend that lived in Fredericksburg, Texas and on one of my trips to visit, I found this in an Antique store there in l979.  I absolutely love this piece, so down it came and a few other things took it's place.


     This is where it's been since we moved in.


     I moved a few things around and then added the spotted rooster and hen, along with the scale and cloche.





     Now I can enjoy him up close and personal.


     Isn't he spectacular.





    The patina on the wood is so pretty.  What a nice change. 

    How often do you change the things on top of your cabinets?


Post Title

Pennsylvania Dutch Carved Rooster


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/07/pennsylvania-dutch-carved-rooster.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List