Nell Hill's Inspired and A Gift

    When I talked about how I always get great inspiration from Charles Faudree's books, so many of you said you did also, however you also love all the Nell Hill's book.  Well, I know I am slow, but out of all the decorating books that I have I didn't have even one Nell Hill.  So I got busy online at Amazon and found 3 of her books that sounded interesting and at fabulous used prices.  I mean for a couple of dollars each, I just had to have all 3.

    They came in the mail today.  It totally feels like Christmas and I can't wait to really read and study them.


     Just a quick thumb through let me know that I would totally love her style.  I love farm animal paintings and isn't this one absolutely stunning.  Her attention to detail in vignettes is also fabulous.


    I just won this beautiful sheep painting on Ebay, so you can see why I was so excited to see hers in the above picture.  I can't wait to get it and then find the perfect frame for it.


     When I saw this bed and the fabrics she used, my heart skipped a beat.  I am using similar colors and fabrics in my guest bedroom.  You remember the one that is totally in my head and hasn't even started.  I do at least have the comforter, and some of the mens suiting fabric almost idential to these pillows, so I at least have a start.  Now as soon as I get new flooring, paint, furniture and - - - - - -.  Oh well, it will be a while, but it will get there.  I also think that toile fabric is the same one Kim uses and it is stunning too.


    I no more than got home from the mailbox and the doorbell rang and  I received the most wonderful package from Pretty Is.  She had a fabulous giveaway and I won.  If you havn't visited her blog, you really need to.  She is such a lovely person and her blog is delightful.  She had that box stuffed to the brim with goodies.


    I so agree, this is the best way to clean.


    Can't you just imagine how much better all the tea she enclosed is going to be drinking it from this beautiful
    teacup.


    She had a huge assortment of tea inside this precious little hatbox.  I totally adore it.


    Now you all know that I am crazy about bunnies, and isn't this one just about the cutest thing you've ever seen.


    Fabulous treasures and I just love them all.  Be sure to visit her and say hi, she is just the sweetest.

    Ok, I'm going to make a cup of tea, drool over all my gifts and start browsing my Nell Hill's books.  If you don't have any of her books, you really need to try them too.  I just know I am going to love them all.

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.



Post Title

Nell Hill's Inspired and A Gift


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/07/nell-hill-inspired-and-gift.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List