Mirror-Mirror

    I always get quite a few questions about the mirror in my living room. As I've said before, my home is quite small, and since my living room and dining room are all one room that only measures 18 x 23 and the wall that holds the china cabinet is also a walk thru from the front door to the rest of the house, it is pretty small.  The large mirror definitely visually enlarges the space.

    It measures 7ft. x 41/2ft. and has a very large ornate carved wood frame on it that has been gilded and antiqued with a mixture of gold and bronze.  I found it at a designer outlet store for $425.  I have seen several others at various stores and they are usually quite affordable because the size just doesn't work in most places. 

    I originally bought it for my last house that was much larger and had very high vaulted ceilings.  It didn't look near so big in that house.

    I love it in this room for  the added decorative effect that it gives to the room, but also for the visual depth and space it appears to add. 

    If you have a small room, try using a really oversized mirror, or even a cluster of mirrors to give the illusion of much needed space.

    Thanks for stopping by.   I always look forward to your visits.




Post Title

Mirror-Mirror


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/11/mirror-mirror.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List