Bathroom Redo - Cheap


    Today I am joining Sunday Favorites with the fabulous Chari @ Happy To Design.  This is a post that I ran last year showing a bathroom redo on a really tight budger.  In fact for $28 total.  Since we are all pinching our pennies, I thought this was worth repeating.

    Wednesday, February 18, 2009
    Today I would like to show you my bathroom transformation, sorry I don't have a before picture.. However since I think someone somewhere made a mold of this bathroom and gave it to every builder in the country and they just stamped them out by the hundreds or thousands, a picture probably really isn't needed. It's the standard big mirror, cultured marble counter, sink and tub surround with basic cabinetry and the cheapest faucet they could find. I have had my decorating skills challenged with having this bathroom in my last two homes.
    With a new home and many projects that need to be done and the fact that my money tree is suffering from extreme drought and frost bite, I really needed to be creative. I started digging for accessories and decided a tropical theme would be in order. So armed with a plan I mixed 3 colors of leftover paint together for the walls, $18 for 3yds. of fabric for the drape, $5 for the bamboo rod, $3 for the tissue box I painted with a bamboo design, and $1 each for the soap box and mirror from the Dollar store. The clock and vase I had and the floral arrangement was made from remnants of several older ones. It may not be a remodel, but for now it will do and I really like the color and tropical feel that it has. Just another example of what we can do using what we have and using our imagination and a budget price of $28.00.

    Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to link up Monday evening for Table Top Tuesday.


Post Title

Bathroom Redo - Cheap


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/11/bathroom-redo-cheap.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List