Before and After - Bookcase Redo

    You've all seen my entertainment center a million times.  This is what it originally looked like with the dark wood backs on the bookcases.

    Then I added white beadboard to the backs and it made such a huge difference, no longer a dark hole.


    I decided to try and declutter the bookcases, and come up with something that resembled more of a library look.  I've found quite a few books at GW lately, and I really wanted something with a little more "simple" look.  Minimalism is just not my thing as you all know, but I am trying. (Now pretend that you don't see the sander in the corner by the sliding door.  I am working on a project that I will show you later.) lol



    I've found quite a few pitchers and jars lately, so I thought I would display them with the books.  The yellow and green one on the second shelf is one I repainted that was cracked and stained.


    The yellow pitcher on the top shelf in also one that I repainted.  I've tried to mix a few other accessories in with the books to give it a country french look.


    I love this little bunny print, and when I found this frame at GW, I thought it dressed it up a little.  Sorry for the glare, there are 4 huge windows in this room, so it is hard to control the light so that it doesn't glare.


    For me this is a more minimal look and I think it gives the bookcases more of a library feel.

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward and appreciate your visits.

    Today I am linking up to Before and After with Kim @ Savvy Southern Style.  Be sure to visit her and see all the wonderful things that are taking place all over blogland.  Seems like everyone is redoing something.  Very inspiring and fabulous eye candy.



Post Title

Before and After - Bookcase Redo


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/11/before-and-after-bookcase-redo.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List