Metamorphosis in the Making - Family Room Drapes


    Thanks to the wonderful Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for hosting another wonderful meme. Ge sure to visit her and see a list of all the participants and take a look at their fabulous projects.

    You guys are all so wonderful to come through with such helpful suggestions. It really helps to have feedback and a different set of eyes. Thank you all so much.
    With all of your help the ideas and plans are almost complete. Wow, I can't believe how great everyone has been to offer critiques and suggestions. So, I think the final colors and fabrics are in tact. Tell me what you think. This may not be the professional way of putting a room together, but so far it's working great for me. Thanks for all your help.

    Remember,this is the room I am going to redo. Sofa is being replaced with the beige one pictured in a later pic, and the whicker chair is being replaced with another leather one. Drapes are going to be hung straight (not tied back) and accessories and colors are going to change.


    I think I have finally settled on this for the color scheme. The predominate color will be orange, the secondary color is gold and the accent will be navy.


    It was suggested that I eleminate the lime green and just use it as accents in plants, candles and pottery. I think that's a great suggestion since I don't have enough room for all these pillows anyway.


    So overall I think I am beginning to finalize the colors and fabrics. This is the sofa that will be going into the familyroom, and I think the colors work well with it.


    Next question I had was the drapes. I need to do something since they sort of blend in with the walls. However, knowing how often I like to change color schemes, having a monochromatic room usually works quite well for me.

    I have yards of this fabric that I bought to make a valance for the drapes in the family room and then never did because it wouldn't go with the plaid sofa. Now that the sofa is going to be gone, I am going to use it. It goes great with the orange print fabric and it gives the drapes a little uumph and character. Plus on the economical side, all I will have to buy is fringe, so that's a money saver. When I say valance, I actually mean a topper for each panel. I plan on just adding the fabric over the top width of the drape, and then either hanging them from rings on the rod or shirring them the way they are now, but still not tied back. I don't want a valance that will go all the way across the window, just one that will top each panel.


    I took a pillow cover that I have and pinned it up to the drapes, in person it works perfectly. Hard to get a picture with the overcast day.


    So, what do you think? You guys always have such great ideas and comments, so comment away. It's wonderful to have more eyes on a project.

    Now I can start making pillow covers and start on the valances. There's a lot of windows in this room, so I need to make 8 valances. That will take a while. Hopefully I have them all done by the time the furniture is due to all be switched around. That's only 6 or 7 weeks, so I need to get busy.

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always appreciate your visits.

Post Title

Metamorphosis in the Making - Family Room Drapes


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/08/metamorphosis-in-making-family-room.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List