Foodie Friday - Homemade BBQ Sauce


    Today I am joining the gracious Michael @ Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday. Be sure to visit and see a list of all the participants and I am sure you will find some fabulous recipes.

    I am also linking to a new meme hosted by the lovely Vanessa @ Southern In My Heart for Inspiration Friday. Be sure to visit her and see what is inspiring everyone.

    I always make our BBQ sauce, it is so easy and can be seasoned just the way you like it. We just had some BBQ'd pork chops and I thought I would share a basic recipe with you.


    The basic ingredients are mustard, ketchup, lemon juice, tobasco and soy sauce or teriyaki sauce. Not shown but basic is brown sugar, garlic powder and salt and pepper.


    I just start with a squirt of mustard.


    Then about 3 times as much ketchup.


    Then a dash or two of lemon juice, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and tobasco along with a generous amount of brown sugar. Next, I add garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Just keep tasting and adding until it is just the way you like it. So easy.


    Spread a generous amount on your meat, then place on the barbeque and cover the other side with a generous amount also.


    It carmelizes to perfection and is soooooooooo good. My family loves it. Much better to have the taste you like than what someone else put in a jar.


    I hope you enjoy, and thank so much for visiting. I always appreciate your visits.

Post Title

Foodie Friday - Homemade BBQ Sauce


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/08/foodie-friday-homemade-bbq-sauce.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List