Met Monday - Changing the Wall Art


    Thanks to the wonderful Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for hosting this really fun party. Be sure to check out all the participants.

    Our familyroom, breakfastroom and kitchen are all one open great room. The only downfall to this is the lack of wall space. This whole area is filled with windows and so there is only a small wall space above the sofa for art and one wall in the breakfast room for art.

    This one picture and clock have been displayed on the only wall space there is for several years. Time for a change.


    Last week I redid the breakfastroom wall and took the mirror down from there, so I decided to put it above the sofa. Since this is a long narrow space, the mirror helps to give the room some depth.


    It doesn't show in this picture, but the entertainment center is directly across from the sofa and now I can see the TV in the mirror from the kitchen. That's an added bonus while I'm cooking.


    I spray painted a white corbel that was previously in the breakfastroom with ORB, and hung a mirror that I had stained the frame above it. One of my favorite figurines looks perfect here.


    I got the wall pocket at Michael's on their 70% off rack for $5.09. Love it. A blue hydranga, feathers and magnolia flowers fill it out nicely.


    Since this is all one room and you see the wall gallery that I created in the breakfastroom, and the fact that the entertainment center and bookcases are across from the sofa made me feel that the eyes needed some place to rest, so I kept the sofa wall simple. ( I forgot to push my office chair under the desk area, oh well, this is real life folks.) lol


    Nice arrangement for a change. I like it.


    My pretty little girl painting went into the hallway where the Grace picture previously was.


    Love this painting. Isn't it funny how when you move one thing, then you have to move a lot more. lol


    Thanks so much for stopping by. I always appreciate your visits.

Post Title

Met Monday - Changing the Wall Art


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/08/met-monday-changing-wall-art.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List