Adding Beadboard - Love The Change


    I love the look of the beautiful beadboard I see everyone using all over Blogland, so I just had to get in on the act.

    This is how our Entertainment center looks. The backs of the bookcases are just a dark wood and not very exciting. I really wanted them to have a little more class.


    I see everyone using beadboard wallpaper, however DH wasn't convinced it looked real, so I bought a sheet of thin backed beadboard from Lowe's and got busy making all the necessary cuts.


    Good grief, I had no idea I had that much stuffed into those bookcases. Time to edit.


    I had to use two pieces in the backs because of the light that is behind the top shelf. Electrical cords and all that stuff that can't be moved. First piece fitted.


    Both pieces in and held in place with dots of 5 minute epoxy in each corner.


    I cut 1/2 inch off the back of the middle shelf so it would allow a little light to shine down to the bottom. Previously it was fitted close to the back panel. A little touch up with stain and it will be perfect and I love that the light does shine down to the bottom now.


    All done and painted the same cream as the walls. I really love how it makes the bookcases look so much brighter.


    Now the fun part to fill them back up again. Stop back by for Table Top Tuesday and I'll show you how they look.

    I am linking to:
    Furniture Friday @ Miss Mustard Seeds Creations
    Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch


Post Title

Adding Beadboard - Love The Change


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/08/adding-beadboard-love-change.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List