Met Monday - Breakfast Room Reveal


    Thanks to the gracious Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for hosting this fun party. Be sure to visit her to see a list of all the participants. There will be tons of inspiration and eye candy.

    Remember this basket that I found at GW for $1.99, well I had big plans to revamp it for the breakfast room wall.


    I stained it, lined the inside with burlap ribbon and then wove a checked ribbon through the top and filled it with flowers. I was going to fill it with wheat, but opted for some hydrangeas for more color. With that project done it was time to get really radical and change things up.


    This is what the breakfast room wall has looked like for a while.


    And this is what it looks like now. I really like the change.


    This shelf has been in the guest bedroom in my last two houses. It needed to come out and play. I love the size and detail of it. Great shelf space for display and the hooks allow me to hang my tiny pitcher collection.


    An Italian pot with a moss ball, duck tureen, yellow plate, some ivy and a ceramic gourd all look great together.


    Next I placed my rooster on a pedestal, another Italian pot filled with moss rocks and wicker balls and the white artichoke.


    Then a Tuscan inspired plate and orange rooster both found at Goodwill.


    Underneath the shelf I hung the basket filled with Hydrangeas, wheat and feathers and three plates. Love the rooster and the pig.


    "Grace" I've had this picture for about 35 years and it is definitely one of my most favorite things. Having it back in the breakfast room just makes it seem like home.


    To the left of the Grace picture I hung three plates to balance the right side. Love the cow and the bunny too.


    The view from the familyroom.


    I am so happy with the transformation. I can see all kinds of vignettes to be created on the shelf. I think I'm going to really like it.


    The mirror has a new home in the Familyroom. I will show you that when everything gets done.

    Thanks so much for stopping by. I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Met Monday - Breakfast Room Reveal


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/08/met-monday-breakfast-room-reveal.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List