Flowers and Food




    One really doesn't have anything to do with the other, so this is just one of those potpourri posts.  A little of this and that.

    While I was out roaming around the backyard the other day, I was surprised to see that a couple of my mums were blooming.  So of course I had to grab my camera and take a few pics









    Such a fun surprise to see in the garden.

    Now onto the food part of this.  - - - - -

    Sometimes we forget that people from different states may not be as familiar with certain dishes as we are.  I recently had a luncheon for 9 friends, really informal, so I served Taco Salad.  I was a little surprised that 4 of my 9 guests had never heard of it.  So, I thought I would share the recipe just in case you hadn't heard of it either.


     A super light easy meal, with the flavor of tacos all in one salad.



     Start with a large salad of lettuce, onions, tomatoes and cheese.


     Cook some ground round thoroughly and season with taco seasoning mix and any other seasonings you use for tacos.  I sometime add a can of chopped green chili's.


     Add the hot meat to the salad.


     Get a large bag of Fritos.


     Add a generous amount of fritos to the salad meat mixture, then toss well to mix all together.


     Spoon some into a bowl and top with a few extra fritos.


     Serve while salad is hot and offer toppings of extra Fritos,  Salsa and Cholula for those that want a little more spice.


     A great hearty salad and if you like Mexican food, you will definitely love Taco Salad.



    So tell me, have you had Taco Salad before?

    I am linking to:

    Foodie Friday @ Designs by Gollum



Post Title

Flowers and Food


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/11/flowers-and-food.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List