Recreating Storage

    We enjoy a glass of wine occassionally and use to have a fairly good collection since we would tour the wine country every year and visit a lot of the wineries.  However, we havn't been to Napa in a few years and our entire wine collection is long gone.  DH really wants to have a few bottles around for the holidays and has ordered some from his favorite vinyards so it was time to resurrect the wine rack that has been stashed in the laundry room.  I thought maybe I would give it dual duty and use it to not only hold his wine when it gets here, but to hold some of my placemats and free up a little space in the buffet for other things.

    This is how the corner of the breakfastroom has looked with a pedestal holding a fern. 



    Here it is now with the wine rack.  It holds 44 bottles, so that is definitely more than we have on order, but there will be plenty of room for the 18 bottles he has coming and room for me to get some sparkling cider and champagne and still hold some of the placemats.


     So from this - - - - - - - -


     to this  - -- - - - - - - - - -



     As you can see, we don't have a lot right now.  I do have a fabulous bottle of Chocolate Wine, I can't wait to have some on Christmas Eve.  The empty wine slots work great for rolled up placemats.  They add a little color and fun to the piece too. So, something different, and no money spent at all -  well if you don't count the cost of all the wine on the way.  lol


     So, what do you think?  I always have to get use to something new.  Sorry for the poor lighting, the sun was going down, so I couldn't get very good pics.


    I want to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and may you be Blessed with all of the Lords Blessing on this special Holiday.  We all have so much to be thankful for and I am so thankful for all of you that I have met through blogland.  This has been such a wonderful place to exchange ideas and to get to know such special people that I would never have the chance to meet otherwise.  You have all enriched my life immensely.  God Bless and Happy Holiday.

                                                     I am linking to the following parties:

    Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
    Fall Into Fall @ Diy by Design
    Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
    Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
    Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
    Home Sweet Home Friday @ The Charm Of Home
    Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
    Potpourri Friday @ 2805


Post Title

Recreating Storage


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/11/recreating-storage.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List