Everything Old is New Again-The Beginning of a Room

    This is a picture of what our living room looked like when we first moved in 5 years ago.  I had just finished making the drapes, pillows, table cover and redoing the ottoman.  It's amazing that not much has changed except the addition of another chair and some different accessories.  (I wasn't blogging then and the hubs took the pic, so not the best, but it shows how we started.)


    As I've said, with such a small house leaving the walls and carpet a soft camel colored beige kept everything very neutral and allowed me to add color and interest with accessories.  I loved these two fabrics for the drapes, and wanted a third one for some accents.


    Then I saw this and knew it was perfect. So the ottoman got recovered and a tableskirt was made. 






    I used remants from the drapes and ottoman to coordinate with some other fabrics for the pillows.


    I've always loved to mix a ton of fabrics together, and I really liked the bright deep peach color for accents.



    Tassels gave this one a little extra bling.




    This was the color I was looking for and couldn't find it anywhere until I went to Anna's and there it was as a drapery panel.  For $9.99 I had a ton of fabric to use.  One panel gave me enough for two pillows and a table runner.  Not bad.  Always consider all options when you are looking for fabric.


    These have all been packed away for a while, then recently while going through all my decor tubs and fabric stash,I rediscovered them again.  This sparked an idea to use them for the basis of my Thanksgiving and Christmas decor.    


    I am having a ball recreating this color scheme and decor, and updating it to fit my room today.


    So fun to see all these old pillows again and of course the mink goes with them too.


    The dark peach roll pillow is perfect for the white chair.


     I created a new vignette for the end table, and love that the orange frame goes with the color scheme.


     The urn is a soft camel color, so I kept all the florals in the same camel tones from dark to light.  A few feathers and berries finish it off. 


    So as you can see, I'm busy tweaking my accessories.  Check back later on for the final reveal.  Just playing and having fun.

    I am linking to the following parties:


    Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
    Fall Into Fall @ Diy by Design
    Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
    Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
    Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
    Home Sweet Home Friday @ The Charm Of Home
    Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
    Potpourri Friday @ 2805


Post Title

Everything Old is New Again-The Beginning of a Room


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/11/everything-old-is-new-again-beginning.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List