Nature or Not


    This has definitely been the year we've seen a lot of nature being used in home decor.  I think it is something that we have really embraced or some of us are a little shy about some of it. 

    Antlers are a great example.  Very popular and seems that you either love it or hate it.  However since there are so many faux antlers, a few more people are on board. They are definitely used in a wide variety of decor designs and vignettes.

     There's also the turtle shell that is making a huge splash in decor.  Natural or painted, small or large, they are used in a ton of different way.I've definitely been on the fence as to how I personally feel about these elements.  Sometimes I think I am a little squeemish when it comes to certain things.

     
     I found this turtle shell at a garage sale and she had it displayed on a teacup hook, sitting on a chest.  I love the wonderful detail of the design on the shell and the colors are stunning.




    I thought for $3 it was a very different accessory and one that I might use somewhere.


     I think it can probably be worked into several different displays, but for now I placed it in the bookcase.



    It is a real shell, and as I said, sometimes I am a little squeemish, and this almost kept me from buying it.  Am I just a sissy or what?


     The Lord made this shell wonderful, and I do appreciate the beauty of it, so I will concentrate on that.



    So, tell me, how do you feel about antlers, shells and other bits of nature?  Like it, love it, hate it or no opinion?



Post Title

Nature or Not


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/11/nature-or-not.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List