Simple Fall Arrangement


    The fantastic and lovely Barb @ Grits and Glamour is having a fun new party called Keep It Simple.  Well, since that fits me to a tee, I just had to play.  I wanted a small fall floral arrangement for the bookcase, so I dug out a bunch of scraps of things to see what I could do.

    I looked through all of my vases and planters to see what would work.  I love this little cache pot and the color is a perfect mustard gold for fall, so since it is a small size and the color is good, this is going to be my pick.


    I really don't want this arrangement to have flowers, so I dug through all the scraps of grasses, twigs and berries that I have and found a few leftovers from other projects.  Wow, not much here, but here we go.


    A small piece of floral foam and some moss and I am ready to start.


    These are some scraps of grass that I had left over from other projects, so I just placed them in randomly to give the arrangement some structure in the middle.  Some of the other grasses and berries are so feathery, they need something to help support them.


    I snipped off all of the pieces of feathery grasses in yellow and stuck them in all over.  I put a couple of the fall leaves in the front and then added a small stem of berries that I had to one side.  Ok, I need something else, back to the bag that has all the small stuff in it to see what I could find.



    I had 5 really small feathers that I think will give the interest I am looking for.  I decided since they were small they would have more impact if they were grouped together and on one side of the arrangement.

    I like small arrangements and this one turned out kind of different.  It looks great on the bookcase shelf.


    Just a tiny bit of fall color for this shelf.   The yellow ties in with the landscape in the cow picture too.

     
    This was fun and definitely simple.    Look around at all of your scraps of leaves, grasses and berries and see what you can create.  Kind of fun to work with these elements instead of flowers for a change.

    I am linking to Keep It Simple at Grits and Glamour

    Also, I was visited by the Fairy Hobmother and granted a $30 Amazon Gift Card, so if you want to have a chance for the Fairy to visit you, be sure to check my previous post and leave a comment and wish.

Post Title

Simple Fall Arrangement


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/09/simple-fall-arrangement.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List