80th Table Top Tuesday



    Wow, we're at #80.  That is amazing.  Thank you guys so much for all the wonderful links each week.  You always inspire me.


    Since I have been reading tons of decorating books looking for inspiration to change things up a bit, I have seen so many vignettes that create a really cute reading corner.  So I thought I would add to the one I started in the livingroom.

    While I love seeing all the painted furniture in everyone's homes, I have to admit that my true love is my dark wood furniture.  This is one of my favorite pieces.  I bought this little chest in 1970 at the Design Mart in LA.  It is an import from England and I instantly fell in love with all the fabulous detail. 


    Even the sides and back of this piece have gorgeous detail.



    Even with the love of dark wood, sometimes you want something to lighten a piece up a bit.


    I used a cream silk scarf with fringe to give this vignette a little brightness.



    Then I just pulled together some things from around the house that had an old world feel to me and made me think "library".


    When I think "library", I also think about travel and books that show us far away places.  This elephant box makes me think of far off adventures.


    My leather Huckleberry Finn reminds me of adventure too, and the horn magnifying glass adds to the adventure.


    A small bust in case I read about a little history.


    Of course some Classics are always great to read.


    All in all just a really fun vignette.


    Remember when I stacked a bunch of Design books on the end table and on the floor.


    Now I think the chest continues the reading nook theme. 


    Is there a spot in your home where you can create a special place to sit and read.  Maybe just a small quiet little corner like mine.

    Be sure to link up below, I can't wait to see all of your vignettes.

    Also, if you want to see more of what I am up to, just like me on FB.  You'll find some different posts there.




Post Title

80th Table Top Tuesday


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/09/80th-table-top-tuesday.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List