81st Table Top Tuesday


    Welcome to the 81st Table Top Tuesday.  I am loving all the wonderful ideas you are all coming up with for fall decorating.  I can't wait to see more.

    Magazine copy cat challenge!

    Also Debbie @ Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing is having another fun Magazine copy cat party on Wednesday, so of course I wanted to play at her party too.


    This is not a magazine, but it is one of my favorite design books and so I thought I would find something here to copy.


    Well, the cover picture caught my eye and I thought I could come up with something similar.
    I have had several ask me for a tutorial on how to put a vignette together. Well, I am no expert at all, I just look at something like the lovely vignette in the above picture and then figure out what I have that is similar. Not exactly like the picture, but similar. They used a floral arrangement elevated on a stand, a lovely picture on an easel, a fabulous clock, a great book and some crystal. They placed it all on a dark table with a lovely white scarf.




    My version is not at all a true copy, however I used similar elements to create a similar vignette.

     First I used colors that went with my home, not the purple in the inspiration pic.
     I used an ornate stand to elevate the floral arrangement like theirs.
     I used an easel to display a cow picture instead of a floral.
     A silver anniversary clock gives the same feeling as their more ornate one.
     A leather bound book has the same feeling.
     I used a small silver sword since I didn't have a crystal magnifying glass.  The silver sword helps to tie in the  silver clock.
    I used a white silk scarf with fringe and placed it similar to the way they have theirs.
    Then a couple of pieces of cut glass to similate the crystal they used.


    Not a copy, but a similar look.  So when you look at the magazines or something you see in someone's blog that you love.  Think of ways that you can create a similar vignette that fits the style of your home.  For even more tips on how to do different vignettes, follow me on FB. 

    I am joining Debbie's Magazine copy cat party. and
    Kim's Wow Us Wednesday





Post Title

81st Table Top Tuesday


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/09/81st-table-top-tuesday.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List