Old Books

    I am always on the hunt for old books.  They are so hard to find, so I try to get every one that I see that are at a reasonable price.   I found five at a recent trip to the thrift store and they were all just $3.00 each.  I was thrilled.

    The Agony and the Ecstasy has a copyright date of 1948, and the Lust For Life was copyrighted in 1934.


    The writings of Thoreau has a copyright of 1951.  I love the beautiful gold detail on all three of these books.


    Of course I had to rearrange the bookcase a little to showcase these new treasures.


     I thought they looked perfect on this shelf.


    I love the color and the beautiful gold detail and how much interest it adds to the vignette.


    I also found these two wonderful books.   War And Peace and The Brothers Karamazov both have a copyright date of 1949.  They have such gorgeous brown leather and gold embossed covers.


    Our house doesn't have an entry foyer, the front door opens right into the living room area, so I have a small chest placed by the entry door window to give the illusion of a small seperation from the living room.


    I love this little piece, it has fabulous character with it's beautiful burlwood and it's graceful lines.


    A small vignette on top for a little interest.  I thought the books were a nice addition to the candleholder.

    I am linking to the following parties:

                                                Thrifty Thursday @ Tales From Bloggeritaville

                                                 Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove

    Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits. 



Post Title

Old Books


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/09/old-books.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List