Soft Scaping with Fabric



    I love to mix fabrics for texture and interest and I love to take a table runner and scrunch it to add extra interest to a table.


    I also like to take a table topper and scrunch it for a little drama.

    That started me thinking about other places to add a little softness.  This is an ottoman that I made. It's great to prop your feet up on or as an extra seat when needed.


    I love this fabric and it coordinates with the colors of my drapes and the area rug, but maybe I can change it up a bit.


    So I started playing with the new shawl I found and a scarf I already had.  They add a little interest to the ottoman, and give it a sense of being a little more casual.


    All of the colors work well together and the mix of prints are fun.


    I pulled out two more scarves and played some more.  Two different polka dots.


    A houndstooth and a paisley.


    Polka dots and checks.


    Pull out some of those scarves you don't wear anymore and use them in your decorating.  How fun would this be to use on a table, buffet or any number of places.

    Do you have a ton of scarves just laying in a drawer?  What can you think of to do with them?


Post Title

Soft Scaping with Fabric


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/soft-scaping-with-fabric.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List