Aging A Picture Frame


    I am trying to add a little more old world look to my home with accessories.  I love a comfy, frenchy, traditional and old world feel to a home. 

    Remember this picture frame that I bought at a garage sale for $1.  It was just a little too gold.

    So I decided to age it a little.  First I gave the whole frame a really good coat of Minwax Walnut stain and let it sink into all the grooves.  Then I took a soft rag and wiped some of it off.  This takes about 2 days to dry, however it is worth it.  Than I just spray a little black paint onto a paper towel and gently wipe the entire frame just hitting all the carving and giving it a really old look.  Much better don't you think.

    Now my little rooster print that I printed off the Internet for Free looks so much more elegant and interesting.

    Great way to take an old frame that's a little gold and dated and turn it into something you will really enjoy.

    I am linking to Southern In My Heart for Inspiration Friday
    Chic On A Shoestring Decorating for Flaunt It Friday
    Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
    Dittle Dattle for Amaze Me Monday
    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

    P.S. Several want to know where to find the free art.  There is a site that is http://www.freespiritart.com/.  They have a lot of different categories on their sidebar.  I find most of mine under the Farm Animals heading.  Just right click and copy and then paste to your picture file and print to whatever size you want. 


Post Title

→

Aging A Picture Frame


Post URL

→

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/aging-picture-frame.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List