Aging A Picture Frame


    I am trying to add a little more old world look to my home with accessories.  I love a comfy, frenchy, traditional and old world feel to a home. 

    Remember this picture frame that I bought at a garage sale for $1.  It was just a little too gold.

    So I decided to age it a little.  First I gave the whole frame a really good coat of Minwax Walnut stain and let it sink into all the grooves.  Then I took a soft rag and wiped some of it off.  This takes about 2 days to dry, however it is worth it.  Than I just spray a little black paint onto a paper towel and gently wipe the entire frame just hitting all the carving and giving it a really old look.  Much better don't you think.

    Now my little rooster print that I printed off the Internet for Free looks so much more elegant and interesting.

    Great way to take an old frame that's a little gold and dated and turn it into something you will really enjoy.

    I am linking to Southern In My Heart for Inspiration Friday
    Chic On A Shoestring Decorating for Flaunt It Friday
    Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
    Dittle Dattle for Amaze Me Monday
    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

    P.S. Several want to know where to find the free art.  There is a site that is http://www.freespiritart.com/.  They have a lot of different categories on their sidebar.  I find most of mine under the Farm Animals heading.  Just right click and copy and then paste to your picture file and print to whatever size you want. 


Post Title

Aging A Picture Frame


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/aging-picture-frame.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List