Revamping A Tray


    I am so sorry the weather has been so bad for most of the country, however it has been fabulous here, so I got out the spray paint to revamp a tray that I've been wanting to redo.

    I love the shape and size of this tray, but the bright white just doesn't work in my house.


     After a light sanding, I sprayed on a couple of light coats of a pretty yellowy/gold color.


     When it was dry I gave it a good sanding for some age.


     I used Minwax Walnut stain and applied a light coat and then wiped it off. Not enough, so I gave it some more.


     This is looking better, however I want a little more.


     Ok, this is so much better.  Now this is going to fit right in with all my things.  When it is dry I will give it a couple of coats of Satin Clear Poly and it will be done.

    The color works great with my furniture.  I put it on the ottoman for now, but I can see it all over the house.

    I have a couple of lanterns that are white and want to change them too.  I removed the glass and gave them a very light sanding.

     A couple of coats of ORB and I like them so much better.

    There are a few more projects that I have to paint, but for today I am done.  Are you painting anything?

    I am linking to Susan for Metamorphosis Monday
                           Karen for Amaze Me Monday
    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

Revamping A Tray


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/revamping-tray.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List