Table Top Tuesday - Spring in the Dining Room



    I am so glad you are joining us today for Table Top Tuesday. I was so thrilled last week to see that you showed us wonderful bathrooms, kitchens, hutches and shelves. So many beautiful vignettes and such great inspiration. Thank you all.

    Last week I showed you this huge mess that I had on my Dining Room table. Too many projects in the works and it really became a mess.


    Well, projects are finished and I cleaned up the mess. As you can see in the above picture, I usually have a floral arrangement on this table. I thought I would try something different. I have changed out the colors in my LR/DR to blue and white for spring. You can see pics of this post here.


    I have been inspired by all of you to add a little blue and white to my home and started collecting a few things. I just gathered everything from all over the house and made a vignette on the dining table. I don't have a lot but by grouping them all together they do make an inpact.


    For me this is a different look and I really like it for a change.


    The candlestick and owl came from GW, the rooster was 50% off at Home Goods and the ginger jar I got for $l4.99 from Pier One. I found the little bird at Ross.


    I've used a blue cup and saucer for the small rosebud bouquet, the artichoke was on the clearance aisle at Home Goods for $10, and the vase came from TJMaxx for $9.99.


    The little bunny came from Ross, the sweet little doves were a gift from a dear friend, and the pineapple also came from Home Goods. The plate is actually the bottom of a chip and dip set I found at Gw, but I thought the shape was pretty for a backdrop. The cute little rooster pitcher was another GW find.


    The buffet got a couple of changes too.


    I added my wonderful pin cushion that my friend Pat gave me to this corner, then I elevated one of the cloches on a small white pedestal stand that I made by glueing a candlestick and a plate together.


    White magnolia blooms went back into the cloche and I placed a gorgeous spoon next to it that Sherry gave me.


    I added a large blue and yellow plate to highlight the glass candlesticks and changed the candles to white and yellow.


    You don't have to spend a fortune to collect a few different things to add to your home and create a look that is totally different than you've had before. Besides, it is so much fun too. lol



    Today I am also joining another fun new meme called Nifty Thrifty hosted by Linda @ Coastal Charm. Be sure to visit her and see all the treasures everyone has found.

    Thank you all for stopping by, I really appreciate your visits.

    Be sure to link up with Mr. Linky below so everyone can see your wonderful Table Tops too. I can't wait to see all of your lovely vignettes.



    So sorry. I got Mr. linky straightened out. Thanks for linking up.

Post Title

Table Top Tuesday - Spring in the Dining Room


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/03/table-top-tuesday-spring-in-dining-room.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List