Tablescape Thurs - Purple Plum



    Today we get to play with our dishes again, thanks to Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch. Be sure to visit her to see all the beautiful tablescapes.

    First of all, I am having blogger problems. My post for Table Top Tuesday is something that some of you could view, however it does not show on my blog at all. I have contacted "help". I hope most of you were able to find it and get linked up. At least about 70 of you did, so that is perfect. Thank you all so much for joining me again. I really appreciate it. also does anyone know how to delete a link that is on your post. There were several smutty ones linked up and I don't know how to delete them. I have reported them to Blogger. Now I sure hope this post shows up.

    My Purple Plum tree has been blooming so beautifully, so I decided to clip a few brances and use them as my centerpiece. I almost waited too long. There are not near as many flowers left as there were, but I always enjoy them anyway.






    For my place setting I am using two different dishes, several patterns of crystal and my Mother's pink depression glass pieces that were wedding gifts in 1937. She always prized these pieces and said they were the most grand gifts she and my dad received.


    I've placed the crystal sherbert glasses that Bill sent me on top of each place setting with a Chocolate treat inside. Actually, they are candles that I found at the Dollar Tree, but I thought they looked so real. There are different ones for each setting.






    Just as the sun was going down I lit the candels.


    My mom's beautiful serving bowl. I love the pretty ruffled edges and the fluted pattern.


    The candlesticks are the same pretty pattern.




    The platter has reticulated edges that are lovely, and the same fluted pattern in the center.


    The covered dish has a pattern of roses and is very detailed.


    Two different stems, both found at Goodwill. The wine has an etched pattern of flying geese on them.


    The water stem has two different rims of gold that are both patterned. Hard to photograph.


    The salad plate has a pattern of Pheasants and is trimmed in gold. The pattern is Rutherford's Birds - Made in China. I found these at GW.


    The dinner plate is Royal Kent Poland. It has a raised swirl pattern on the rim with gold edging. I also found these at GW. It's the only other plate I have with pink and I love the pretty raised swirl design on the edge of the plate, it sort of matches the gold swirl on the salad plate.


    These are the wonderful crystal sherberts that Bill sent me. Love the etched pattern.


    I love the way the candlelite brightens up the Purple Plum stems.










    P.S. I just got an answer from Mr. Linky. Log in to Mr. Linky and click on widgets, find your post and click on it, then you can delete any link that you want to. Really easy.

    Don't forget the "Spring Cloche Party" on Friday April 2nd. I will have Mr. Linky up Thurs. by 6 PM. See you there.

    Thanks so much for stopping by. I always appreciate your visits.

Post Title

Tablescape Thurs - Purple Plum


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/03/tablescape-thurs-purple-plum.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List