Met Monday-All That Tablescape Stuff



    Thank your so much to our gracious hostess Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for hosting this fun party. Be sure to visit her and see what she's been up to and a list of all the other participants.

    When your house is small and yet you want to have pretty Tablescapes, storage is a HUGE problem. I have two tables. The one in the Dining Room is a Trestle Library table and so the same size tablecloth fits, but then there's all those tablerunners too.


    Well, this may not look like much to you, but clearing off one shelf in the small hall linen closet and having all the linens that fit this table in one spot is a real blessing to me. Now I can finally see what I have.


    This table in the Breakfast/Family Room area is 54" round and has 4 leaves that allow it to extend out to seat 10 comfortably. This calls for a lot of different size table linens depending on how many you are having. I have a wonderful buffet that I really enjoy and it does have super storage. Now since I want to be amongst all the action, this also serves as my computer station.


    Finally I have all the linens for this table in one spot. I placed all the really large ones on the bottom since I don't use them as often and tried to color code as best as possible.


    Placemats all together on the top shelf, and most of the dark colors on this side.


    Lighter colors and lace mostly on this side.


    Napkins can change the look of a table in an instant, so that is another storage problem. I finally figured out that by standing them on end, I can see all the different colors and patterns and can easily count how many I have of each pattern. Some candle storage is great too.


    More napkin storage and napkin rings.


    This probably looks like a huge mess to you, but believe me, this is organized. I try to buy only salad plates or bowls as much as possible to change up my tablescapes, but there are also some dinner plates in the mix. Well, finally all of the pieces are put together and I really can see and find them. Now it's easy to see what will mix and match and what I want to use with just my white set that's in another cupboard.


    This isn't very exciting to anyone but me, but boy am I glad to have this mess straightened out. Thanks so much for stopping by.


    Also, don't forget we are having our "Spring Cloche Party" on April 2nd. Be sure to grab the button and place on your sidebar to spread the word. This is where we will show all our Spring, St. Patrick's Day and Easter. I can't wait to see all your gorgeous creations.


Post Title

Met Monday-All That Tablescape Stuff


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/03/met-monday-all-that-tablescape-stuff.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List