3rd Table Top Tuesday - Spring into the Kitchen


    I am so thrilled to have another Table Top Tuesday and look forward to seeing everyone that is participating. Thanks for joining the party.

    I thought it was time to add a little spring to the kitchen and remove some of the fall that was hanging around. Most everything has to stay because of storage problems, but it can still be changed for a different look with just a few minor changes.

    Lemons and yellow just make me think spring and summer and I just love sunflowers.


    I found a new treasure, so the top of the cabinets and door decorations got a tiny change. See the tray above the door.


    Isn't it just wonderful. I love the colors. I didn't realize it was so big until I got it home, so since it wouldn't fit on the counter, it fit perfectly over the door. I just had to move the needlework that I had up there.


    But it fit perfectly on the other side of the kitchen above the cabinets.


    I did this piece over 30 yrs. ago and I still love it.


    Now for the counters. I wanted this to have some of the yellow and a little more white. The sunflowers are just so cheery, so an urn from the GW and a little TJMaxx bird were just the ticket here.


    The cloche stayed. I changed out the fall foliage for a white berry ring, a sunflower and bright yellow ribbons.


    The coffee grinder and wheat made it's way to this side of the counter and a couple of antique tins joined them for something a little different.


    This corner got a few things changed around for a little different vignette.


    Lemons have replaced the red and green apples in the rooster cloche and a sunflower on the bee skeep is just for fun. I think the egg scale is perfect for the egg tray sign.


    This side of the breadbox now has an antique candy scale filled with grapes, my mom's green syrup pitcher, some wheat and a cute little rooster I just found at GW.


    I found this wonderful ironstone colander last year at GW. I love the pretty raised design on it. It's great for holding fruit so you can just grab some and go.


    My little chef wandered over to this side of the counter along with his champagne bottle. Another antique scale with a cheese dome sitting on top filled with grapes. ( I need to find one of those faux cheese wedges somewhere. ). The two boxes I use all the time. The bottom one holds recipes that I print off the internet or from you great bloggers and the top one holds coupons that I clip. Keeps things neat and all in one place.


    You don't have to make a drastic change to have a different look. Looks like spring and sunshine to me, and that makes me happy. Look around for what you already have and change things up. It will make you smile and then when you like you can just change it again.



    A reminder that the "SPRING CLOCHE PARTY" is scheduled for April 2nd. Show off your Spring, St. Patrick's Day and Easter cloches. Please be sure to take the button on my sidebar and let your friends know so everyone can join the party. I can hardly wait.


    Thanks so much for stopping by. I really enjoy your visits and always look forward to them.

    Be sure to link up with Mr. linky below so we can find your new Table Top Creations.



Post Title

3rd Table Top Tuesday - Spring into the Kitchen


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/03/3rd-table-top-tuesday-spring-into.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List