Met.Monday - Mstr. Bdrm. gets some Spring Touches


    A big thanks to Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for hosting this fun meme. Please be sure to visit her and see tons of wonderful transformations.

    When we first moved into this house I was very intimidated by the light cocoa colored carpet and walls. I had always had a lot of red, green and gold in my house and both the red and gold made the walls and carpet look pink. So I had to find other colors to work for my accent colors and accessories. I've made three different sets of pillows that work. One is a set of Dark Peach, one is the Blue and White toile and the last one is Aqua. Both the Master Bedroom and Living Room have furniture that is all different shades of brown and tan, so I can just switch all these pillows and accessories back and forth between the rooms.

    I most recently had all the Blue and White in the Mstr. Bedroom, then borrowed it to give the Living Room more of a Spring Look. You can see that here. For the Master Bedroom I decided to bring in the Aqua for a touch of Spring.


    I mixed two of the Dark Peach pillows with the Aqua to bring out that color in the fabric and for some additional punch. I've tried to keep most of the tabletop accessories all in white with just a few flowers and greenery.


    Just a green plant in a white planter, a candle and a white dish for all my DH's pocket things is all that's needed.


    I love using a skirted table for two reasons. It keeps a room from looking too dark and leggy and it also is the best way in the world to add additional color and pattern to a monochromatic room. An extra dining room chair that didn't have a home fills this corner and a small camelback settee fit perfectly for a small seating area.


    I took an old wood lamp and painted it Ant. White with a little glaze to give it a whole new look. Added a few white accessories and some white tulips and it looks like spring. On a side note, since I have a round dining table, I can also use all these round tableskirts on the dining table when they aren't in use here. That's always fun too.


    Finally the light was just right to see the true color of the fabric. I love the tulips on it.


    Since I've retired I find that I get tired of looking at the same thing much faster than I use to, so it is fun to be able to switch things around for a whole new look.


    Thanks so much for stopping by to see my little Spring changes. I'm now on the hunt for a fabulous fabric with Apple Green in it for another set of pillows. I think that will be the next update.

    Don't forget Table Top Tuesday. I will have Mr. Linky up on Monday night by 7:00 PM. That's also the date for the St. Patrick's Blog Roll Party hosted by the fabulous Cuisine Kathleen. Be sure to link up to both parties. I can't wait to see all of your wonderful creativity.

Post Title

Met.Monday - Mstr. Bdrm. gets some Spring Touches


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/03/metmonday-mstr-bdrm-gets-some-spring.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List