Garage Saleing


    The weather has been so wonderful and garage sales are back in full force.  Love that.

     Sometimes it pays to be late to a garage sale.  When I passed by this one near my house, they were packing up.  So they were really ready to have everything sold cheap.  50cents for the urn and such a nice size.


     However, this is the best find.  Remember I showed you fabric I was thinking about for the guest bdrm.  Well, all of that was going to cost me around $200 for the bedspread, dust ruffle and pillows.  Since the bdrm. is so small, only 11 x 10, I have a double bed in there.  This same garage sale had this brand new full size fitted comforter in the original package from Dillards with the price tag of $179.99 on it.  Sent to her by her mother, however no double bed, so she just wanted it gone.  She said $10 and it's yours.  It is so much prettier than the picture.  Gorgeous, and it has the browns and reds that I wanted.  Yip-skip!!!  No shams or dust ruffle which is perfect, it's just a fitted quilted spread.  Now I can mix the fabrics I want with it.


    This was my original inspiration fabric.  See how similar in color the one I found is.


     She also had this 16" tray.  A few scratches, but for $1 it is super.


    I needed something this big for the huge cloche my daughter gave me for Christmas.  See, it's perfect.


    A really tacky frame for 25c. 


    However with my favorite weapon (walnut stain), it will be stunning.  Still has to dry and then a 2nd coat.


     I like brass, and it will be perfect in the guest room with my Ralph Lauren hunt theme that I'm working on. 


     All polished up it is fabulous.  Not bad for another 25c.

    Several have asked how the bdrm. is coming along.  It's not.  It needs to be painted and the carpet replaced, so it will be a while, but I am having fun collecting everything when all the major work is done.

    I am linking to the following:

    Savvy Southern Style for Boring to Better
    Tales From Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday
    Chic On A Shoestring Decorating for Flaunt It Friday
    Southern In My Heart for Inspiration Friday
    French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
    Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

    Thanks so much for stopping by.  I always look forward to your visits.





Post Title

Garage Saleing


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/02/garage-saleing.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List