How to Age a Frame


    I am joining Kim @ Savvy Southern Style for her new Wow Us Wednesday party.  If you don't know Kim, you definitely need to visit.  She will amaze you with all of her creativity and talent. Just wait until  you see her home and the furniture she paints.  Simply stunning!!!

    I am also joining Judy @ DIY by Design for her new Winter Blues Party.  You really do need to visit her also, her home is stunning and she is so sweet and talented.  You will love her party.  Tons of inspiration.

    I showed you this tacky frame I found at a garage sale for 25c.  It needed some help.


    First I gave it a good coat of Minwax Walnut stain.


    After the stain dried, I sprayed a little black paint on a paper towel and lightly rubbed the raised surfaces.


    After that dried, I did the same thing with gold spray paint, just barely touching on all the raised areas of the frame.


     All done, and doesn't it look better.  Now to find the perfect picture to put inside.

    When you find those really tacky frames at the GW, garage sales or thrift stores, give them a little makeover and they'll look fabulous.

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

How to Age a Frame


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-age-frame.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List