Magazine Copy Cat Party - Chunky Candlesticks

    I have been thinking about Winter and Christmas decorating and I wanted a big grouping  of really heavy looking gold candlesticks. I've looked everywhere and they are way out of my price range.  I keep seeing large groupings of candles in all the magazines and on Pinterest, and I think the look is fabulous.



    I have these three that I can use as a starter, but I need more to go with it.    Kind of spendy, so I am on the hunt for something I can redo.


      So when I saw these forgotten cast-offs in the garage,


    and I had a can of this. 


    I knew I had my candlesticks.  I can't believe how well they turned out.  They really do look good.


    The gold paint covered the wood fabulously, however they need a little bit of patina.


     So here's the first coat of stain on the one on the right.  Starting to look ok.


     The stain kind of bubbles the paint, so it gives it a great texture.


     A little more and then a final rub down to smooth out some of the splotches.  Now just to let them dry really well and start to play.


     This is just a really quick vignette to see the candlesticks all together.  I think they look great.










     Gives me the effect I was going for and didn't cost me a penny.  Just using things I already had.

    I am joining Debbie for her Magazine Copy Cat party.  Be sure to visit and see all the fantastic inspiraton from everyone.

    Don't forget this is the last chance to sign up for the Burlap Bag giveaway.  Just click on the bag on my sidebar for details and to enter.  The contest will end tonight, so sign up now.

    Also, remember that tomorrow evening Mr. Linky will be up for the Fall Cloche Party.  Hope to see you all there. 

Post Title

Magazine Copy Cat Party - Chunky Candlesticks


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/10/magazine-copy-cat-party-chunky.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List