Guest Post - Nancy's Notes




    Nancy @ Nancy's Notes is one of the sweetest ladies in all of blogland.  She's a loving wife, mother and grandmother and loves to decorate her home and make it a welcoming place for all of her family and friends.  You can always count on her for some of the most interesting posts and she will always be there to compliment and cheer you on.  Her home is such a beautiful reflection of her charm and beauty, filled with tons of inspiration.  You definitely want to put her at the top of your follow list.  Such a very special and loving lady.  Thanks tons Nancy for stepping in for me, you are the best.




    Autumn is starting to come alive in our home...

    It's my little slice of the universe. It's where I do what I want, when I want and how I want!

    I relish changing things around and adding seasonal touches to our home.

    I'm taking my time with this autumn look-
    Our summer is still in it's long stretch, in the 90's in our neck of the woods.

    Follow along and I'll show you of some of my touches of autumn...

    I decided to keep the mantel simple.
    I just added a fall arrangement and the bird.
    The Mr. said it was a chucker! Guess he would know.
    I'm still thinking about what I want to add to the look. I've seen some pretty awesome looking pumpkins around in blogland, some are truly gorgeous.
    A shopping trip may be called for soon.


    No big reason to show you this other than it's one of my favorite chairs.
    I'll be changing out the pillow for my fall one.

    These large candles have had their share of lighting up the room and adding the best ambiance ever.
    I love them and have had them for many years.
    I'm looking for large red ones for the holidays. I've looked and looked and looked!
    They are never tall enough.
    If you have an idea of where to get them, please let me know.
    Fresh potpourri is a must on this rustic looking sofa table

    I'm waiting for inspiration for this end table...may decide to just leave it this way.
    The three pieces of pottery were purchased in Arcosanti.
    A bit of history of where we purchased them.
    Arcosanti is an experimental town that began construction in 1970 in central Arizona. ( It's out in the boonies!) Arcosanti is primarily an education center, with students from around the world visiting to attend workshops, classes, and continue construction. It is also a tourist attraction with 50,000 visitors a year. An interesting place, to say the least!

    I treasure these antique boxes! The bottom one if full of antique architectural tools-

    Added some fall colored candles, another antique box, another bird. He says,it's another chucker.

    They are the Mr's Pheasants-

    Added rustic colored candles to my Nambe candle holders.

    A small touch of fall, some simple touches to come-

    This look is here to stay, don't touch the Mr's hat!

    One end of the foyer, no doubt, this corner needs color-

    I don't believe I'm going to change this arrangement, I love the roses.
    Well, maybe I will.
    Decisions, decisions!

    Screaming for color-

    This fireplace is ready for a fall look! I will make it happen. I've got an idea swirling around in my head~

    I do love this fall arrangement on our dining room table. I'll be adding a fall table runner.

    This is definitely a work in progress, still playing with different pieces.
    Oh, the fun of decorating!

    Time to get out my fall pillows.
    Then again, I may leave these.
    I do love the pop of color that the turquoise brings out in my favorite cowboy, see him up on that wall?

    What do you think?

    Well, I'm off to continue to work on my fall look. I know the best schemes develop slowly...
    Yes, indeed.

    I do enjoy adding touches of Autumn...oh my, I can't wait till Christmas!
    I'm in total glory then!


    Thank you Marty for asking me to provide a guest post for you.
    What an honor!

    A Stroll Thru Life
    is one of the first blogs I started following-

    I enjoyed being here today and visiting with Marty's wonderful followers!




Post Title

Guest Post - Nancy's Notes


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/10/guest-post-nancy-notes.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List