Guest Post - Adventures In Decorating




    What a thrill to have Becca @ Adventures In Decorating as my guest.  She is a  beautiful wife and mom and such a very talented lady.  Her home is full of amazing DIY projects and crafts that she has created and is gracious enough to share the how-to with all of us.  Her home is so beautifully and tastefully decorated and totally full of fabulous eye candy and inspiration.  You definitely have to visit her blog and put her on the top of your follow list.   You will be totally inspired. 
    Thanks so much Becca for being a very special guest.


    Greetings, everyone! For those of you who don't know me, I'm Becca from Adventures in Decorating. And, I was be-YOND flattered when the lovely Ms. Marty asked if I'd share a guest post on her fabulous blog while she's enjoying some much deserved time away. Seeing how Marty is the queen of vignettes and tabletops, I thought it only appropriate to share my Fall dining tabletop/room as my guest post. So, please, come on in ...


    Since painting all of the furniture in this room earlier this Spring BM White Dove (followed by distressing, sanding and glazing), I decided to do this year's Fall tablescape in mainly neutral tones, but with a few pops of color here and there. I also added several mercury pieces because I just loving the look of that right now:



    You can see that I've incorporated quite a few elements ... pumpkins ... books ... silver/mercury ... raffia ... burlap runner and antlers. Some of these cute pumpkins USED to be orange. Rather than buy white pumpkins (as they can be unnecessarily expensive), I simply painted a few cheapie orange ones Annie Sloane's Old White chalk paint!

    My hurricanes hold munchkin pumpkins, acorns and pinecones, along with tapered candles that I placed in candlestick holders (Dollar Tree) to add height:

    And, do you want a fun and inexpensive solution to not having to look at glass hurricanes that get *cloudy* from the sun (despite cleaning them once a week!) ... just throw a few book pages (or scrapbook paper) in there, and, voila ... no more cloudiness! (Of course, either take them out when lighting the candles or just use battery operated tapers, which I need find!) And, how ironic that the chapter of the book I picked up to rip a few pages from is appropriately titled "The Pilgrim's Progress" ...

    As for our table settings ... the silver chargers are from Old Time Pottery, the cream dinner plates are from Wal-Mart, and turkey salad plates are from Home Goods (last year):


    Over on our sideboard, I layered a French print with a beautiful mustard floral, just to add more Fall-ish pop of color ... it also ties in with the oversized pillows on the chairs that flank the sideboard:


    I love to mix in a few seashells with the "Fall-ness" ... have to stay true to my coastal living!

    And, on the shelves, I nestled a mercury pumpkin on raffia. FYI: they sell these fabulous pumpkins at Tuesday Morning, too, for only $9.99! That's wonderful compared to Pottery Barn, where they are $24 for the smallest!




    My plate wall remains unchanged ... still have the twine wrapped around select plates, having added a leaf and old photo for Fall.


    And, one last thing ... just for fun, let's look at what my dining room looked like a few years ago (pre-blogging)! From that:




    To this! Quite a difference, isn't it ?! LOL. Now, if I could just put my new beautiful *blingie* chandelier together (which is STILL sitting in the box) !!



    To all of Marty's loyal friends and followers, thanks so much for letting me guest post today ... I thoroughly enjoyed it, and would love for you to pop on over and visit me sometime!

    Have a fabulous day!

Post Title

Guest Post - Adventures In Decorating


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/10/guest-post-adventures-in-decorating.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List