The Sparkle of Silver and Volumns of Books

    First, thank you all for your prayers and thoughts regarding my Mother-in-law.  You have blessed our family so much.  I feel so priviledged to be part of a community of such precious people that always rally around each other to cheer them on and hold them up in prayer.    You are all truly a gift from the Lord.  Thank you.


    I wandered through a Thrift Store that I had never been in last week, and of course came out with a few treasures.  Books and silver are always a treat.

    I have a lovely covered butter dish that was my mom's, but I have longed for one of the round dome ones.  This wonderful piece was so black I didn't even know it was engraved with a beautiful design, however I was sure it would polish up, and it turned out to be a real jewel.  For $5.99 I grabbed it so fast and put it in the bottom of the basket so no one could try and talk me out of it. lol 

    The glass insert is missing, but just look at the beautiful engraved design all around the top.  LOVE it!!!

    A little miniature book box, cute for displays and for $1, it was mine. 

    I'm always looking for volumns of books, and there were these 5.  At $2.99 each, I just had to have them all to add to the library shelves.

    These are classics and of course I had to have them.  They were also $2.99 each.


    I am almost done with the Christmas shopping, so I thought I deserved a treat. lol  I seem to treat myself quite often.

    I am joining the following parties:
    Thrifty Thursday @ Tales From Bloggeritaville
    Junkin' Finds Friday @ A la Carte

    Be sure to visit these wonderful ladies and see all the treasures everyone has come up with.

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits.

Post Title

The Sparkle of Silver and Volumns of Books


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/12/sparkle-of-silver-and-volumns-of-books.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List