A Winter Color Scheme

    I had to run errands on the other side of town yesterday, so of course I just had to visit my favorite discount designer fabric store.  So much to see and so many gorgeous fabrics.

    As you have seen, this is the look I have now in the living room.  Love all the oranges, limes and yellows.  Love the Iris fabric.  It is just perfect for Spring, Summer and Fall.  However I started thinking about a cozier feel for the winter.



    I still love these colors and really want to have them in the room.  When I saw this piece of embroidered fabric, I just had to have some.  All my favorite colors, but a darker background for a warmer cozier feel.  This is a fabric that would easily run close to $100 yd.  So for $12 yd, I just couldn't resist.

    Nest I spotted this wonderful cut chenille.  It is the same color as my solid velvet lime pillows, but the texture is so pretty and looks so luxurious.    This fabric would probably sell in most retail places for $40 or more a yd.  I got it for $5 yd.  Love it.

    I can simply replace the Iris pillows with the new embroidery fabric and switch out the solid lime with the new cut chenille fabric and a whole new look.  Since my drapes are a deep chocolate and cocoa color, this will create a warm and cozy winter look.

    I think this will be the perfect look starting with Thanksgiving and going through winter.  Just need to sew them all up.

    I am linking up with Vanessa @ Southern In My Heart for Inspiration Friday.  I hope this qualifies.

    Thanks so much for stopping by.  I always appreciate your visits.



Post Title

A Winter Color Scheme


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/10/winter-color-scheme.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List