Impromptu Dinner Party-Revamp What You Have



    My granddaughter is here visiting, and suddenly time schedules worked out where my daughter and grandson were able to come to dinner.  With an hours notice and more guests, I needed to move the gathering to the dining room for more seating.


    This is what the dining table looked like with my burlap runner and fall decor.



    While this is really lovely, there really isn't room for the tablesettings.


    Off came the runner and I replaced it with a couple of basketweave placemats.  I also needed to lower the arrangement so everyone could visit.  The hurrican came off, and other things were moved around a little.

    The urn stayed since it wasn't too tall.


    The rooster stayed, however I removed the pedestal that it was sitting on.

    I used leather placemats, checked napkins and my everyday flatware.  I am serving buffet style, so the table is not set with the dinner plates or the glasses.  Very casual for a family gathering.

    Luckily, I had a big bowl of Macaroni Salad that I had just made, and more chicken that was already thawed in the refrigerator.  So our menu was:

    Barbecue Chicken
    Baked Beans
    Macaroni Salad
    Tossed Salad
    Hot Rolls

    Nothing fancy, but still a fun table for my family.

    I am linking to Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thurs.

    Thanks so much for stopping by.  I always enjoy your visits and hope you come back again soon.


Post Title

Impromptu Dinner Party-Revamp What You Have


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/10/impromptu-dinner-party-revamp-what-you.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List