Reviving An Old Table



    I bought this table at a thrift shop about 40 yrs. ago, and it has been all over every house I've lived in.  All those years were really showing it's wear, so it has been in the garage. 


     Poor little table, it is so cute with it's two pull out shelves, but it needs some help desperately.





     A good cleaning and a gentle sanding with fine steel wool.  I don't want to totally refinish the piece, I love it's character and patina, I just want to freshen it up.


     I gave it a touch up with some maple stain and then a little paste wax.  Not perfect, but definitely so much better.





     Just the perfect size to go between the hubby's chair and the sofa.


     There's even a place for the DH to put his drink on the little shelf.


     A small urn and my little lamb and it works great.

                                                              I am linking to Savvy Southern Style for WUW

    Thanks so much for stopping by, I always look forward to your visits. 

Post Title

Reviving An Old Table


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2011/05/reviving-old-table.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List