Sunday Favorites - Let's cook outside


    I am so happy to join Chari @ Happy To Design for Sunday Favorites. This is where we show one of our favorite posts from the past. Be sure to visit her and see some treasures.

    This is a post I did last summer for Foodie Friday. Since we are cooking on the grill nearly everyday, I thought I would repeat this dish. It's a super favorite with anything, and especially from the grill.



    Today is Foodie Friday and thanks to the lovely Gollum @ Designs by Gollum for hosting this special event. Please go by and check out all the delicious food you'll find that everyone is posting for this event.

    Today I am going to show you how to make Korean Fried Rice. I had a friend that was born and raised in Korea and she taught me this recipe. My family can eat a barrel of this stuff. They just love it. It's one of those dishes that you can use lots of leftovers in also. I am a pinch and a smidgen cook, but I will try to give you some measurements as we go along. However you can't mess this up. First I diced one large onion and sauted in a little oil just until clear.




    I always cook at least l to 2 lbs. of bacon at a time so I have some for different dishes. I just partially cook part of it, then I put in the fridge and pull out and use as needed. You'll need about 6 pieces torn into small pieces.



    Next beat 3 eggs in a bowl.



    I just used minute rice and there's about 5 cups here.



    Some soy sauce and that's it. Now we're ready to mix it all together.



    Remove the sauteed onion and save in a bowl. Put the bacon in the pan and cook until crispy. Then place the crispy pieces in the same bowl with the onion.



    Now scramble the eggs in the same pan.



    Next dump the bowl full of the sauteed onions and bacon into the pan with the scrambled eggs and mix all together. Add a little pepper and salt. Be careful of too much salt because the soy sauce is really salty. Mix well.



    Put the rice in the pot and stir to mix all the ingredients together well. Then add soy sauce to taste. I do not add very much at this stage because some of the members of my family don't like a lot. You can always add more at the table. You're done. If you like you can also add peas, carrots or any other vegetable that you like to this dish. My family likes it just plain without the vegetables best.



    Serve as a side dish with your favorite meat and vegetables and enjoy.



    Thanks for stopping by. I Love it when you visit and I hope you come again real soon.

    See you Monday evening for Table Top Tuesday. I love seeing all of your gorgeous vignettes all over the house. Don't forget it is for any surface you create a vignette on or in.

Post Title

Sunday Favorites - Let's cook outside


Post URL

http://netdesignworld.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunday-favorites-let-cook-outside.html


Visit Design World for Daily Updated Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List